- Chop up a potato, an obvious first step. No need to peel it, simply wash it. Make chunky wedges and try and keep them all the same size.
- Put on a baking tray and add some oil and sprinkle on some mixed herbs. Get your hands in and make sure every wedge is covered.
- Flatten them out ready to go in the oven. To help them cook through I find it's best to put the biggest wedges on the outside and the smallest in the middle.
- Put in the oven for around 20 minutes at 200 degreesC.
- Take them out, mix them round and pop them back in for a further 20-30 minutes. Timings require some of your own judgement and although it may seem a long cooking time I find waiting for them is better than finding some aren't fully cooked!
These are a great alternative to cheapo oven chips, and can either go with a meal or be a snack with some nice dip. For a slightly different flavour you could add garlic puree or chilli powder along with the olive oil and herbs.
Cooking for more people? Simply find bigger potatoes or use more of them!